Saturday, September 13, 2008

Why, Craig, why?

Three posts in one day? Don't get used to it.

So, today, a lady who seemed very interested in the couch I put up for sale on craiglist (it's EXACTLY what she was looking for) was supposed to come and see it and possibly buy it.

We agreed on a time - 11am. Which is when she called to say she'd be running late. Fine. I gave her my windows, she said she'd call back if she could reschedule other stuff she had to do. Again, fine by me.
She called at 11:45 saying she'd come over in 20 minutes. Great.
20 minutes gone. Nothing. 30 - still nothing. I heated leftover pasta. I ate. 45 minutes (yes, I'm a quick eater, so?!), still nothing. I called her. It rang many times and went to her voicemail. I thought she might be lost or was running late again.
I went about my business, and around 2, called her again and said I was off to work.

This is the third time I've been stood up by someone on Craigslist. What the hell? When did it become OK to take other people's time for granted? You're late? Fine. Let me know. You can't make it after all? That's OK too. JUST DON'T LEAVE ME HANGING.

The first thing I think of, after cursing people for being late is..."what if they got into an accident?!"

You know what? If they're not in the hospital, unconscious, they can still give me a call. And that's that. I know I would.

2 comments:

The Pastry Pirate said...

i feel your pain. i tried with no success to use craigslist to find a place to live out here, after several people recommended it. i hate to sound old, but i think we live in a world where courtesy is increasingly meaningless...

Sleepingbanshee said...

I think the internet gives leave for people to just become rude a*holes. Most things people say online, they wouldn't dare say in real life. It's just too comfortable to be mean and be protected by a computer screen. Grr.

If only the paper let their employees put classifieds for free. I heard that they don't even give discounts anymore.