Saturday, September 13, 2008

Look, Ma! I made a...



















Headboard!



I bought some particle wood from the Home Depot, stuffed it with pillow stuffing, glued the lovely fabric I bought from a friend to the board - and stapled it for safe measure, and voilĂ . I might attach it to the wall or get brackets for the bed. We'll see.
I made it all by myself, too.

Staying in my bedroom, I moved a bookcase that was in the spare bedroom to mine. I was first going to sell it and then decided to keep it and paint black, and then finally decided to do nothing but move it. I still don't like the oak color, but I have to just take things slowly.
I moved the books that were in the living room to the one in my bedroom, moved THAT bookcase out of the way in the hallway, and changed locations of the smaller bookshelf.
Confused yet? I had three bookcases. One's going to be sold (hopefully); one is now in my bedroom; the other is still in the living room.

Oh, but I also bought a low bookshelf from Target for the spare bedroom.
It's now a lot fuller and has some baskets and other crap.
Also in the spare room is a daybed that I bought for $30 and painted black. I sold the futon. I still need to get a proper mattress, but I'm liking the look so far.


Pardon the mess. You'll hear that often.

3 comments:

The Pastry Pirate said...

ooooooohhhh... i love that fabric. and welcome to the blogosphere, or as i like to call it, blogistan. may i link to you?

Sleepingbanshee said...

Thanks! Sure, you can link to me. Is it OK if I link to yours?

The Pastry Pirate said...

absolutely! see ya soon!