Friday, September 19, 2008

The CDs are now all organized! Well, they're in the cabinet. I did try to sort them by genre, but gave up halfway through.
I got this cabinet from avthing.com. I love it! It's not black - more of a very dark brown, but close enough, and the shipping was free.

Now, I need to find something compact for all my DVDs. I thought I had only a few DVDs - but that was only relative to the incredible number of CDs I have. I wanted to count them, but gave up on that as well. (Notice a pattern here? I also start paintings and then get bored and ...well...).

In other Craigslist news, I was interested in a mattress from someone on the south side. The lady, who while not a tramp turned out to be more of a b****/pain in the arse, asked me to call before I headed over because someone else also wanted the mattress. OK. I did. No one answered. I drove down anyway. Called when I got within a block of her place. She said that the other person had been waiting for her and took the mattress. OK. Fair enough. I took a risk.

BUT WAIT! There's more! I got home and she called, but because I couldn't get to my cell phone in time, she left a message. Something along the lines of "Are you the woman from St. Luke's who asked for directions? I still have the mattress." WTF? I called her and said, "Hi. I'm the woman who was WITHIN A BLOCK OF YOUR PLACE."
Turns out, she didn't sell the mattress to the "Woman from St. Luke's" because WFSL never actually showed up. She called (they always do), but didn't show up. So I drove down there AGAIN and got the mattress. It's an OK mattress for the price, and I will probably get a pad to add to it. But dayum, I wish I had told her on the phone to just shove it.

No comments: