Saturday, September 13, 2008

Welcome, bienvenue, willkommen...

Hello friends (and others)!
I thought I'd share my experience trying to redecorate with the world because there just aren't enough ways to humiliate myself.

A bit of background info: I moved into my new place two years ago. Before I moved my stuff in, I - with the help of trusted colleagues - painted the bedroom walls. It was so tiring I threw out all my other grand decorating plans out the window. I have mismatched furniture, hand-me-downs that really don't reflect my taste or work with the space I have.

I recently saw picture of a friend's place, and that was that. I was inspired again. Except I'm running around like a chicken with its head cut off. I don't know where to start, so I'm starting everywhere, doing everything at the same time.

I'll be posting about my frustrations with craigslist, the people buying or selling stuff on craigslist, looking for furniture, some DIY projects (and my frustrations with those), and best of all, pics of my progress.

So, join me as I lose my mind! Encouragement, tips, advice are all welcome.

PS: "Chocolate on my trousers" obviously has nothing to do with decorating. It refers to my knack for staining my trousers whenever I eat chocolate.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Best blog name EVER.

Sleepingbanshee said...

HAHA! I kept trying to think of something clever but decorating related. The best i could muster was anti-marthite (anti-martha + anti-dentite from seinfeld). eh.