Thursday, October 2, 2008

Do I seem like an idiot?

So, some guy is interested in the dining set I advertised on CL. I replied he could come and have a look, yadda yadda... And he replies with the following e-mail:

Hello,
Thanks for the prompt response and i will like you to withdraw the advert from Craigslist,i dont mind adding an extra $20dolls for you to take the advert down from criagslist so that i can be rest assured that am in hand of the item.I dont have time to come take a look. I will be paying via cashier's check,and it will be over night payment .You dont need to bother your self with the shippment ok,i will take care of that.So i will need you to provide me with the following information to facilitate the mailing of the check.
1.Your full name
2.Your mailing address be it residential or postal address
3.Your phonenumber.
i will have my mover come over as soon as you have the check
Have a great day .

Hah. Not a chance, buster. I replied that I don't accept any kind of check, and that if he wanted the table and chairs, he could come with the movers and pay me in cash. You know, like any normal, non-fraudulent person would do. And that I would not remove the ad till the items were gone. And that otherwise, this just sounds like scam.

Now, unless he's the idiot, he'll get the message.

In other non-CL related news, my back is about 80% better. Yay! And I got a cyst removed from my hand. Yay! But it still hurts and I can't get back to doing stuff around the house. Boo! I did buy some wood from Lowe's to make bed slats to hopefully make the day bed more comfortable. I was going to buy them from Ikea, but the shipping cost more than the slats themselves. To paraphrase Kathy Griffin, Suck it Ikea. Lowe's is my God now!

3 comments:

Nahal Toosi said...

wow, what a crazy person! could be a stalker or something. watch out!

The Pastry Pirate said...

SB: i have been waiting with much anticipation for the other shoe to drop on this story... what happened? did the guy ever contact you? did you start to get creepy phone calls in the middle of the night?

and hallie: wow! where are you? i tried to check out your blog but was told i was an uninvited reader and that jackbooted thugs would be on my doorstep in moments if i attempted to proceed. how putin of you. i'd love to catch up with you and your glamourous lifestyle. my email is the same... say hey when you have the chance.

Sleepingbanshee said...

haha. No, i just think this guy was a scam artist, if you can call such people artists. His "plan" didn't sound very sophisticated.