Saturday, January 24, 2009

Well, just painting the kitchen walls isn't enough for her royal highness (me). So we decided we'd like to get new, darker countertops - and more of them, and move stuff around.

The gray square is my fridge. I'd like to get a retro looking one only those cost a fortune, and that's just silly. It would be nice to get one that wasn't soooo bulky.
The pink stuff is my cabinetry/counter top. Basically, wherever there's pink, there are top cabinets, too. Blue is the window.

If I moved the range, I could get more counter space. No need for extra cabinets up top - besides, I've got a vent on the side, so that wouldn't be possible anyway.
I might pop by the Home Depot and see what price range this would fall into. Sigh.


Before:


Possible after:





In the meantime, i had better take care of my place as it stands now. Tis messy and her royal highness doesn't like it.

2 comments:

This is New York said...

These dimensions are misleading. You should put a figure representing a person in the diagram to see how much space your working with in comparison. I say that just because your kitch is quite small and here it looks like there would be loads of space.

Sleepingbanshee said...

That's a good point. Or just put the dimensions in. It's not the tiniest kitchen by any means, but not huge by American bigger-is-better standards. I think it's spacious but the space isn't used as effectively as it could be.
Anyway, i'm putting the total remodel on hold - even thinking about it, because the woman at Home Depot advised against having the stove under the window. She said it could be dangerous.
That would mean to get a similar layout, i'd have to move the sink under the window...and that would be lotsa monies.